Saturday, October 11, 2008

Ettore's

When the moon hits your eye like a big pizza pie that's Ettore.....

Alright I know that's not the right words but I thought that the idea fit. As everyone has heard me complain about during this pregnancy, I endured gestational diabetes during my pregnancy and during that time was extremely diligent with my numbers. After Samuel's arrival, I requested a present from a local European style cake shop. There is a story behind this. Ettore's was the place we used for our wedding cake a little over 5 years ago. (April 23rd same as my parents anniversary). We tasted an array of cake flavors and decided that the "princess" flavor be on the top tier of the cake. It was the flavor that Mike and I enjoyed the most (raspberry with white chocolate, and a mild almond butter cream frosting) but knew that it might not suit everyone's pallet. Needless to say during the festivities, that flavor was the first to go at the reception and Mike and I enjoyed the bottom chocolate tier (that was very good but no princess flavor!). It's been 5 years and I still hadn't let it go. It was always in the back of my mind. Several weeks ago I was reminded when we drove my Ettore's and I mentioned it to Mike.

On our way home from the hospital we made a quick stop. Low and behold, Mike got us a princess flavored cake from Ettore's specially ordered (they usually used whip frosting not butter cream) in a green color (he could have pink or green but pink is for girls!) . I have the best husband ever. Besides the whole cake thing, he has been a tremendous source of help and support during these first few days. I am truly blessed.

I'm still snacking on the cake and luckily no one in my family likes the flavor so, I get it all to myself!

No comments: